Saturday 19 November 2011

Swedish Pancakes

I love pancakes, plus my Flat mate is from Canada so I get to eat them twice a week. Although Canadians hold the primacy over pancakes, I do prefer the Swedish one better. Probably because they are so thin that you can eat as many as you can while with Canadian pancakes you are stuffed after one. The major difference between the two is that Canadian pancakes are puffy and thick while Swedish pancakes are thin like crêpes as their major ingredient is egg!


You’ll need:

  • ¾ cup of Flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 ¼ cup of milk
  • 1 tablespoon of sugar
  • ½ teaspoon of salt
How to do it

Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl until the mix is very watery. Butter the pan and wait until is very hot before pouring the mix. This pancake should be very thin, almost like a crêpes. I like to garnish mine with some lemon juice and powder sugar but you can use fruit jam, Nutella, lemon curd, maple syrup, honey.  

No comments:

Post a Comment