Tuesday 8 November 2011

Homemade Focaccia with Cherry Tomatoes, Figs, Goat Cheese and Prosciutto

I had many tasty ingredients like goat cheese, figs and prosciutto but nothing to be used as a vehicle. No bread, no salad or whatsoever. So instead of walking to the first Tesco, which is 100 meter away from my door, and get the same 3 for £1 small Baguette deal, I decided to make my own tasty Focaccia. I even think that making my own focaccia took me less time than washing my face, wear something that is not a pajama, and go to Tesco. The secret is to always keep stock of instant brewer’s yeast and flour.



You’ll need:

·      300g of plain white flour
·      200 ml of water at room temperature
·      A teaspoon of sugar
·      10 g of salt
·      100 ml of olive oil (50 for the dough and 50 to garnish)
·      7 g of instant brewer’s yeast
·      2 figs
·      Goat cheese
·      Cherry tomatoes
·      Some slices of prosciutto

Preheat the oven at 200°C

In a big mixing bowl add water, salt, sugar and olive oil and whisk.
Start adding the flour to the bowl gradually and keep kneading until you have sticky dough.

Oil your hands and spread the dough on a baking tray and press it with your fingers.
Sprinkle some salt and start adding the topping. I have put some cherry tomatoes, figs and goat cheese and let the focaccia bake for 15 minutes.

I have then cut some prosciutto with my brand new meat slicer that btw changed my life, and I have put it on top just before serving. DO NOT COOK THE PROSCIUTTO FOR TOPPING.  Let the warmth of the focaccia melt the fat of the prosciutto and do the magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment