Monday 21 November 2011

Spaghetti with Zucchini pesto and Zucchini pan-fried Dices.

When I make pasta with zucchini I normally pan-fry the diced zucchini with oil and garlic, add some herbs like thyme and basil and that’s it. The problem for me is that unless you are lucky to have lots of zucchini dices in your bite, your spaghetti bite will only contain the infused oil that remains in the pan. This is not enough! So I decided to make a cream of zucchini to go with the chunks of pan-fried zucchini, in order to have a zucchini explosion in my mouth.




You’ll need:
·      2 zucchini
·      Ricotta cheese or Philadelphia
·      6/7 leaves of Basil
·      A clove of Garlic
·      Extra virgin olive oil
·      Salt and pepper

How to make it:

I have pan-fried the zucchini with some oil and a crushed clove of garlic, season it with some salt and pepper and once they were tender I have blend half of the zucchini with some ricotta cheese just for texture (don’t add too much cause you want the zucchini to be the star), some olive oil and basil until you form a creamy pesto. When the spaghetti is ready, add them to the pan with the zucchini pesto and serve it with the dices of zucchini on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment