Thursday 17 November 2011

Baked Sardines with Onion and Tomato served with Sicilian potatoes

Sardines are so cheap. You can easily feed 4 people with  £1 worth of sardines. They are also pretty good, especially if you bake them with some tasty vegs like red Onion and tomatoes and of course a bit of seasoning. The potatoes are a great side dish. I think here that the pan you use will make a big difference. I have always had shitty pans until I finally bought a non-stick eco pan that I brought from Italy and carried in my Ryanair bag all the way to Glasgow. It was worth the effort.


You’ll need:
·      Sardines
·      2 Tomatoes
·      1 red onion
·      Extra Virgin olive oil
·      Salt and pepper
·      4 potatoes
·      1 white onion

Preheat the oven at 180 °C. In a baking tray cover in aluminum foil place the open sardines and put the sliced onion and the sliced tomatoes over the sardines. Season with salt, pepper and abundant olive oil.
Bake for 25 minutes
While the sardines are in the oven I have peel and chopped the potatoes in the shape of half moon and I have slice the onion. I have put the potatoes and the onion into a non-stick frying pan with some extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and pepper and I let them cook until they are tender at medium heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment