Tuesday 15 November 2011

Birthday Cake: Tenerina

As yesterday was my Birthday, I made my special birthday cake, which is also the most famous cake from my own town, Ferrara. You know when you are away from friends and family during special occasions like my birthday… and you get a little emotional…well this is my way of feeling home when I am not. This cake is also super easy and cheap to make, the trick is in the way you bake it! I made it several time for my American friends and they described it as a brownie cake…I prefer to call it with her real name Tenerina, which means “softy”, as the heart of the cake is very tender as opposed to the crunchy crust.  




You’ll need:

1 hg e 1/2 of butter                                                    
2 hg of sugar                                                      
2 hg of Dark Chocolate
3 eggs
3 Flat Tablespoon of Flour     

How to make it:
In a mixing bowl add the sugar, and the melted butter. Once the butter is cool, add the 3 yokes. Melt the chocolate with a double-boiler (a bagnomaria) and add it to the mix. Whip the egg whites with a pinch of salt, just to help the whipping and once you pour it into the batter start folding it.
Bake it at 200°C for 20 Minutes and for 10 minutes at 150 °C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment